Saturday, November 20, 2010

True Love

I feel like I just need to blog about my love for Gage today. I have been overwhelmed the past couple of days by my love for Gage. It amazes me how my heart continues to grow in love for this child every day. I feel like my heart may explode any minute with how full my heart is for him. It was a year ago from Monday, the 22nd, that we found out I was pregnant. It amazes me how my love for him began that day. It amazed me even more of how much I loved him already when I first saw him and held him in the NICU. How can you love someone so much that you just met?? My love for him has only grown, and I know it will continue to grow every day. It brings tears to my eyes knowing the honor that I have to be Gage's mother. The fact that God gave me a child to love and raise as one of His own blows my mind. It has also brought God's love for us to a whole new level. I know that I would do ANYTHING for Gage and his safety and his happiness. I can only imagine how much greater that truth is for us as God's children. I also can now partially understand the sacrifice of God giving his ONLY son to die in place for all the world. I will never fully understand God's love, grace, and mercy. But I cannot imagine Gage being born and knowing that the purpose of his birth was to die in place of someone else. What love that is!!! I'm sitting here trying to figure out the words to express how great my love is for my son....there are no words that will do it justice.
Snuggled close to my heart, where he will always be

No comments: